We host and maintain hundreds of clients’ servers and our monitoring system registers up to 10,000 cyberattacks each day. On each project. Just think about these figures and start preventive works right now. Oleg Bidzan, CEO of ASAP Lab.
In the eCommerce business nothing is as important as website security. Nice design, attractive offers, fantastic reviews - all this becomes not relevant then your store is down or returns a 404-error. Some business owners and unfortunately even webmasters believe that hackers are only interested in highly visited and popular Internet projects. We hasten to disappoint you. In practice, we see that unsecured web projects, even with low traffic can be attractive to hackers. Today let’s speak about hosting security guarantees.
Wide-spread vulnerabilities used by malicious attackers
Usually we highlight 3 clusters of common vulnerabilities:
Secure hosting infrastructure costs money. When choosing a cheaper hosting plan you must understand that the provider has most probably skipped the vital security features, such as auto-renewed SSL-certificates, DDoS protection, firewalls, and proactive vulnerability detection. We recommend to check that your hosting plan includes all the above-mentioned items.
Most CMS developers exclude penetration to the admin panel and block access to databases by auto-generating secure passwords. But when we speak about hosting credentials, responsibility fully lies in hosting accounts owners. Another problem is granting SSH-access to your website. An attacker captures your email, gets SSH or SFTP credentials and then is free to exploit them.
Investigations show that up to 56% of the known entry points for hackers are outdated plugins. When you ignore updates, alas, you generate security vulnerabilities with your own hands, because you literally leave an open door for hackers. Please bear in mind that updates provide not only new features but what is more important - vulnerabilities fixes, performance improvements and security patches.
We did our own research together with the CS-Cart team and found out that 71% of all database access utilities are not updated and have vulnerabilities, 17% of them have critical remove_code_execution and arbitrary_file_read vulnerabilities.
The consequence of cyberattacks costs an average of $200,000 on businesses of all sizes, says Hiscox Cyber Readiness Report. Do you still have doubts that selecting a secure hosting provider for your eCommerce store is crucial?
Scalesta Security Guarantees
Scalesta is a managed solution that gives top performance, security and expert support whether you run a website, online shop, agency, or enterprise. If you open our Service Level Agreement you will read the following terms:
“10. "Uptime Guarantee" means the Necessary Services will be available at least 99.9% of the time during each Monthly Billing Period”.
Uptime is a metric that represents the percentage of time that hardware, an IT system or web resource successfully operates versus downtime, which refers to when a system is not working. How do we achieve 99,9% of website availability and fault tolerance?
- All Scalesta plans include basic security measures, including virus and spam protection.
- Enterprise-level firewall and DDoS protection to monitor your incoming traffic and block IPs associated with hacking and DDOS attacks.
- Our dedicated monitoring system monitors 24/7 traffic, log files, server metrics to prevent and mitigate security-related issues.
- We also monitor server-side software with antiviruses and scan the PHP code for the backdoors and malware with the advanced security tools.
- We provide free and automatically renewed SSL certificates. No actions required from your side :)
- Each client is in separate environments, with "white" IP addresses, dedicated disks and capacities.
- Protected channel for data transfer keeps your credential and sensitive information safe. Are you sure that your current hoster does the same?
- We provide free daily backups and auto-healing servers so that you can restore your website from any safe working version.
Don’t risk your security by choosing cheap hosting providers who don’t invest in security. Your business deserves proactive hack prevention and SLA-backed uptime. Just like we do in Scalesta.